An Audacious Hope.!

The atmosphere was too tensed and the air in that dome was redolent with expectations and sweat of thousand students and their parents who were still to be called in the Admission Room – or rather the final destination where few highly sophisticated people were going to write the destiny of those young science students who gathered there on the call of future – or the call letter sent to them based on merit list.

Yes, I am talking about the admission process that I have recently been to, for my brother, my buddy – Avdhesh. It was the central admission committee call to Medical disciplines.

The picture there was a bit dramatic. There were more than a few known faces to us, who knew our dilemma. Some exchange of handshakes and we sat in one corner. I started observing the nervousness prevailed in a huge amount there, thanks to the security guards with dirty looks who prevented me from going inside the hall as only one family member was allowed with the students. And finally thanks to the writer in me, who helped me sharing this experience with you all.

I found hundreds of students discussing their future plans like there is no tomorrow, and how can be, as they had been too busy with books of Biology, Chemistry and Physics throughout the year. God Saves! Many parents, especially ‘PaPas’ were busy analyzing the admission details displayed on the projected screen. Girls were touching the feet of their parents to get blessed, as if they were going for the world war -3, and boys were the big display area of all religious material on their body including long ‘Tilak’ on their forehead. Many were busy reading the information brochures and booklets distributed free by those ambitious institutions; who thought those depressed students can be the prospect clients for their institutions. Of course, education is the biggest industry today and the banners announcing lowest interest rates on education loans through out that dome made my conviction rock solid.

The announcements were too loud to create the pin drop silence in the dome whenever made, and after all, every one was interested to know what is happening inside the dark room – the admission hall, which deliberately doesn’t have any window. ‘Chai Walas’ were showing lashings of enthusiasm as they knew the fact that a depressed cum excited one drinks more tea. Paid comestible counters were available but none was interested, they just became the inquiry counter for late comers. Crying ‘Moms’, Papa’s with calculators (May be calculating their annual income minus the total fees to be paid), shouting security guards (not allowing more than one member of family with the student inside the admission hall), fast changing figures on the projected screen, praying students, hideous admission committee members, their instrumental behavior, and the entire admission process has brought an undefined infelicity in that dome.

My observation was interrupted by the figures moving on the projector screen. I suppose, everyone around heard me sigh. Suddenly me who had been slouching in my chair sat up straight and fixed my eyes on that screen. My eyes had opened wide and mouths even wider. There was an uneasy silence around me, like no one was moving; no one was speaking in spite of me being in that crowded dome. I saw that all medical seats were occupied, and my brother’s turn was still to come, who was in the admission hall. Few minutes of mental struggle and I saw my brother and uncle coming out of admission hall. Avdhesh wore a tragic smile on his face. I could read it from almost a distance.

I walked straight toward them, and started asking.

“Hey, it was too long, which college, which faculty dude?” I almost shouted.

“I missed it this time, bhaiya.” He smiled, paused, and then answered.

Avdhesh could have got into any other highly coveted disciplines like dental, physiotherapy etc, but he refused. This time he was firm. If its not medical, then nothing else will do. It was his dream and he was fighting to protect it. Why to surrender to destiny? Why not to fight? This young buddy has taught a great lesson to hundreds of depressed students present there. He was ready to reappear for the board examination next year, almost spending the year waiting for this most precious moment of his life. He not only set an example, but he also added an immeasurable courage to those who feel they have lost in life.

This was an audacious hope. An audacious hope to take the destiny head on, an audacious hope to challenge the time, an audacious hope to show the world that never lose the faith in you, an audacious hope to declare that WINNING IS EVERYTHING!

I really salute the spirit of my 18 years old, younger brother, who in true sense today has taught me a great lesson that no teacher has during my academic years.

Comments

  1. Dude..U r reflecting ur gr8 thoughts thrgh ur blog..i really like it, besides i want to give my best wishes to Avdhesh.May God Bless u nd u will get wat u r deserving in ur lyf..i am sure you r aware abt beautiful lines written by Napoleon Hill inspiring me a lot "Every failure brings with it the seed of an equivalent success. " so success is als waiting behind every failure so dnt worry and CHAK DE PHATTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really inspiring man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! my respected & loving rajbhai, i wanna thanks
    a lot for your salute & courageous writing. But
    i would like to add some more lines in your blog
    they are given below.
    "LIFE OF A SEED DOES NOT END WHEN IT FALLS DOWN FROM THE TREE, IN FACT IT'S BEGINNING OF A NEW LIFE.....! SO MAKE EVERY FALL BEGINNING OF A
    NEW START....!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts