Sky is the Limit...!



“Main udna chahta hoon, Daudna chahta hoon, Girna bhi chahta hoon, bus Rukna nahi chahta…”

Remember this dialogue from ‘YJHD’ and the charming but inspiring ‘Bunny’? I think; rather I am pretty sure; every youth today dreams of Bunny’s life. Bunny – the guy who lives to his immediate surrounding and hates old memories. He believes in moving forward in life instead of looking back and crying. Ranbir played the character that inspired millions of youth and instigated into them the spirit to dare, adventure, to dream and to live. YJHD truly became a phenomenal success and drove a million young minds to live life to the fullest. And Bunny’s bubbly character became role model for many. In fact, we Indians always get inspired from two role models – Bollywood Stars and Cricketers. But hey! Wait a bit. I am not going to write one more ‘movie inspired’ post here. Rather, I am writing here to make a point.

Have you ever tried to notice that these film characters are the real mirror image of our day to day life people only? Look around and you will see somewhere Rancho from ‘3 Idiots’, Rohan of ‘Udaan’, Ishan Awasthi of ‘Tare Zameen Par’, and Mohan Bhargav of ‘Swades’or Karan Shergil of ‘Lakshya’. To cut this story short here, I would love to share that I have a ‘Bunny’ like friend of mine. Yes, in real life. He is a carbon copy (You check his whatapp DPs and you’ll realize what I mean!). There are very few people lucky enough to live such life or rather there are very few who have the guts to live such life. He is a true friend, a true traveler, a true son and above all a true lover – Akash. And here I am, lying awake in the middle of the night; when the whole world is almost silent; writing on my blog about the most blessed person I know on this planet earth. I have thousands of friends. Some are good, some damn good, some awesome, some great but this friend is something more. More than special I think. More than I deserve, perhaps!

Let me put some of his words here.

“We blame God for almost everything. But God has done his part and left the rest in our hands. He gave you money. But how you spend it, is in your hand. He gave you happiness. But how you celebrate it, is in your hands. He gifted you life. How you live, is completely in your hand.”

True. I wonder sometimes, how being younger than me he teaches life lessons without saying a single word of advice? He in fact taught me to live life to the fullest, enjoy every second of it and see the world before we need big spectacles on our eyes. He inspired me not only to work hard but also to love it harder. I have observed his life closely. He can’t wait trekking in moonlight to the top of mountain, rafting the naughty rivers, exploring dense forests, experimenting rock climbing, dancing at a wedding, partying almost 30 days a month or yearning hard for desert safari. He is a nomad at heart. Like, he perfectly resembles to well written lyrics of Kabira song – ‘kisi thaur tike na paanv’. But I have also seen a sensible soul inside. He is a damn good son. It’s really difficult to find such a match especially when you are the only boy child to your parents (Of course, in Indian context!). One more secret I would proudly love to share here (I dare do this!). He loves someone so deeply. But, I would like to admit here that I learnt the true definition of love from him only. I still wonder how someone – handsome like him - can love someone so respectfully and that too even without letting her know what adventurous and stupid things he does just to see her once. I have discovered a new word for him – ‘Punctual’ and ‘Obedient’ Lover. I mean it. I have read, written and witnessed many stories, but this one is different.

“This is my way of loving, and I believe we should love like there will be no second birth”, He argues (whenever I become logical over this topic)

You are right. Love like there will be no another birth. But this is not everyone’s cup of tea. Let me remember a beautiful poem here,

“Love is the night moon shining higher and higher, as it paints your heart with brilliant white fire

Love is different for everyone, whether it’s looking at your special one;

Or swimming into her eyes ocean deep, and starring the open sky, while all others sleep.

Love can be embraced by all across the earth, but only a few realize what love is truly worth.”


There are very few people who can be honest in everything they do. They realize the true worth of everything. And they admire everything they do, dream or desire of. This post is not praising my friend. But it is truly admiring the spirit with which he is living. Wait, Wait, Wait! Bunny’s one more dialogue strikes my head here,

“22 tak padhai, 25 pe naukri, 26 pe chhokri, 30 pe bachche, 60 pe retirement…aur phir maut ka intezaar…”

In Bunny’s words we all live this so called ‘Ghisi-Piti” life. But there are many who don’t. Thank God, we have Bunny or Akash around us. They don’t oppose society, but they have their own way of living, their own definition of freedom or may be their own definition of life. I could write this because I am the witness of his life. And really, I feel proud seeing him living life the innocent way. You too, see around and find someone interesting who can make a difference to your life too. May be, you will find your ‘Bunny’ next door.

Thanks a million Akash for being there as a friend. You make me feel blessed having you as a guiding light. Be you always. For you Akash – I wish whole world will be yours and you will be inspiring million others like me. And for you; my dear readers; I would not end here. Let me put my point before I sign off.

What’s the sign of a life well lived? If you were to judge by trendy cars or bank balances alone, you might be impressed. But in person, the importance of these formal achievements quickly fades away. Nobody’s deepest yearning is to be a decently salaried professional only. Whether we are striving for a new job, more meaningful relationships, or personal enlightenment, we need to actively want something more in order to live. May be a limitless freedom to choose our life, may be a deep rooted honesty or may be an innocent heart to love this world as it is.

Before the worldly fear begins to creep and crawl all over our senses, before it branches out to all corners of the mind, before it spins intricate web over our confidence, live as Bunny or Akash does.

And shout to the world, “I want to live my way and the Sky is the Limit!”

Stay Living...!


Comments

  1. bosss!!! ahi khabar j nthi padti ke akash (bunny to imagenary or inspired character 6) na vakhan kru ke bhai tamara minute observation na.
    Pan ee vat jrur confess kris ke being a room partner and friend, i always admiresd akash(saheb) karan ke ena ma guts 6 potani sarto per jivavani ane ena results ne pan sami 6ati e zilva ni. Ane truely khie to dil fadi ne love kem thay enu example 6 ee.
    In the end ej khis ke mari ej prathana 6 ke tu na badalay p6i duniya gme tetlo majbur kre ane always rakhdato rhe ane maza krto rhe.
    ane sala jyare jay to mara jevane yaad ker ....... :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great line by him "Happiness is not the destination, it is journey"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts